The ESMES project (Energy Smart Mediterranean Schools Network) focus on the optimization of energy consumption in public schools through innovative, monitoring-based renewable energy and energy efficiency (REEE). At the same time, the project will improve the capacity of 5 public institutions in order to implement innovative energy rehabilitations.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Increased civil society awareness and improved energy habits through the cross-border engagement of students in a sustainable use of energy resources in Jordan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Italy and Spain.
- Reduced and cleaner energy consumption in 10 public school buildings in Jordan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Italy and Spain through the introduction of cost-effective REEE solutions tailored to buildings energy loads, type&use and climatic zone.
- Enhanced capacities of national, regional and local institutions of Jordan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Italy and Spain to plan and realize improved energy rehabilitations for higher energy sustainability of public buildings through cross-border cooperation.
The main specific actions to carry out during ESMES project are:
- A school contest among 34 public schools of target areas in order to raise students’ awareness on the importance of adopting sustainable energy behaviours and indeed improve the students’ behaviour to reduce schools’ energy consumption.
- The REEE rehabilitation plans of 5 public vocational schools’ buildings with non-linear energy loads including the installation of photovoltaic energy plants.
- The REEE rehabilitation plans for 5 public schools funded by project sub-grants, one per participating country in the project. The sub-grants will allow third parties to take part of the project. Proposed rehabilitations must integrate and apply the project innovative process and include a forecast of potential impact on energy use and costs and of environmental benefits.
The partners involve in the ESMES project are:
|Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria Onlus (ICU)||Italy|
|German Jordanian University (GJU)||Jordan|
|Municipality of Alcamo (Alcamo)||Italy|
|Consorci de la Ribera (CRIB)||Spain|
|National Agency for Energy Conservation (ANME)||Tunisia|
|Lebanese Centre for Energy Conservation (LCEC)||Lebanon|
Bases for the energy rehabilitation of a public school in the framework of the European ESMES project.
The present call is a selection process of a municipality for the energy refurbishment of a pre-school and primary school (CEIP) or any public educational centre, where the municipality is responsible for the payment of the energy supplies.
The final objective is the energy rehabilitation of a public educational centre through the installation of renewable energies and the implementation of energy efficiency measures.
The beneficiary will be a local council that will have to submit a proposal for the refurbishment of a school in its territorial area, based on an energy diagnosis or audit.
It is a prerequisite to apply for the call for proposals, that the impact of the energy sustainability measures proposed for the school centre will result in an increase of renewable energy and/or a reduction of energy consumption in the territorial area of the Valencian region of Ribera Alta or Ribera Baixa del Xúquer.
- Bases of the call for grants.
- Application for participation in the ESMES project and responsible declaration.
- Interventions proposed for funding to the ESMES project.
- Report of the proposed actions, according to the file MODEL IIb.
If you have any doubts or queries, please contact email@example.com or the staff of the Energy area of the Consorci de la Ribera.