Community Energy Transformation of la Ribera county (OTC LA RIBERA) service aims to promote the creation and development of local energy communities (LEC) in the the Valencian region of Ribera del Xuquer county.
OTC LA RIBERA seeks to put people at the centre of all clean energy transitions. OTC LA RIBERA is willing to involve local communities in developing renewable electrical and thermal energy projects, promotion of energy efficiency measures, extension of infrastructure for sustainable mobility and management of energy demand.
With the purpose of promoting and encouraging the creation of local energy communities (LEC), the Consorci de la Ribera has designed a promotion, support and itinerant accompaniment service addressing the 47 municipalities of La Ribera county, with special attention to municipalities with a population lower than of 5,000 inhabitants.
OTC LA RIBERA assist la Ribera county municipalities in providing the following services:
- Dissemination of information about energy communities. Information and training actions (courses, seminars or workshops) addressed to citizens and other territorial local agents to foster the creation of energy communities (LEC).
- Coaching and mentoring activities for the creation of energy communities. Provision of technical advisory services for boosting energy communities.
- Support service in local energy community (LEC) projects. Technical, administrative, economic, social and/or legal assessing service focused on the execution of specific projects for the constitution and operation of energy communities.
If you are interested in being part of a local energy community or just having general information, you can contact us by filling out the following form:
Mediante el envío de este correo electrónico, el usuario de los servicios de la Oficina de Transformación Comunitaria (OTC), AUTORIZA a la E.P.E. Instituto para la Diversificación y Ahorro de la Energía (IDAE), M.P., y a la entidad gestora de la OTC a tratar y almacenar sus datos personales y (si es aplicable) los relativos a la comunidad energética que representa, con el fin de formar parte de un registro de usuarios de los servicios ofertados por OTC’s acogidos al programa de ayudas “CE Oficinas”.
Este registro se crea en aplicación del art.7.6.n) de la Orden TED/1021/2022, de 25 de octubre, por la que se aprueban las bases reguladoras para la concesión de ayudas a Oficinas de Transformación Comunitaria para la promoción y dinamización de comunidades energéticas (Programa CE Oficinas), en el marco del Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia. Será de aplicación la legislación vigente de protección de datos personales.
Más información sobre la política de privacidad del IDAE: https://www.idae.es/politica-de-privacidad
OTC LA RIBERA
Consorci de la Ribera – Sustainable Energy Deparment
Edifici Polivalent Verge de la Salut – Safor str., 22; Algemesí; 46680.
LOCAL ENERGY COMMUNITY
EU legal framework brings in two new ideas about what energy community may be:
- Citizen Energy Community (CEC). the Directive on common rules for the internal electricity market ((EU) 2019/944) includes new rules that enable active consumer participation, individually or through citizen energy communities, in all markets, either by generating, consuming, sharing or selling electricity, or by providing flexibility services through demand-response and storage. The directive aims to improve the uptake of energy communities and make it easier for citizens to integrate efficiently in the electricity system, as active participants.
- Renewable Energy Community (REC). In addition, the revised Renewable energy directive (2018/2001/EU) aims to strengthen the role of renewables self-consumers and renewable energy communities. EU countries should therefore ensure that they can participate in available support schemes, on equal footing with large participants.
Within the Spanish legal framework (RDL 23/2020, of June 23), the renewable energy communities are defined such as ‘legal entities, based on an open and voluntary participation, autonomous and effectively controlled by partners or members who are located around the renewable energy projects that are owned by these legal entities. Members might be natural persons, SMEs or local authorities, including municipalities. The primary purpose of those entities is to provide environmental, economic or social benefits to their partners or members or to the local areas where they operate, rather than financial gains.
Energy communities organise collective and citizen-driven energy actions that help pave the way for a clean energy transition while moving citizens to the fore. They contribute to increasing public acceptance of renewable energy projects and make it easier to attract private investments in the clean energy transition. At the same time, they have the potential to provide direct benefits to citizens by increasing energy efficiency, lowering their electricity bills and creating local job opportunities.
By supporting citizen participation, energy communities can help provide flexibility to the electricity system through demand response and storage.
Energy communities offer a means to re-structure our energy systems by harnessing the energy and allowing citizens to participate actively in the energy transition and thereby enjoy greater benefits.
Energy communities can take any form of a legal entity, for instance, that of an association, a cooperative, a partnership, a non-profit organisation or a small/medium-sized enterprise. It makes it easier for its citizens, together with other market players, to team up and jointly invest in energy assets. This, in turn, helps contribute to a more decarbonised and flexible energy system, as the energy communities can act as one entity and access all suitable energy markets, on a level-playing field with other market actors.
Further information: https://www.idae.es/ayudas-y-financiacion/comunidades-energeticas
CE OFICINAS PROGRAMME
The Community Energy Transformation programme for promoting and boosting of local energy communities (CE OFICINAS) is part of component 7 “Deployment and integration of renewable energies” of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan for the execution of the Next Generation EU funds.
The creation of OTC LA RIBERA has been financed by the CE OFICINAS Program.